- Products & Services
- Arc Welding Equipment
- Gas Welding
- Arc Accessories
- Aluminium Alloys
- Carbon Steel
- Cast Iron
- Copper Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Creep Resistance Steel | Welding Supplies
- Hardfacing Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Low Alloy Electrodes | Welding Supplies
- Nickel Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Pipe Welding | Welding Supplies
- Problem Steel Electrodes
- Stainless Steel Wires | Welding Supplies
- Silver Brazing Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Gouge | Welding Supplies
Additional elements such as vanadium, silicon, nickel, boron, niobium and titanium also influence hardening and weld-ability.
Steels of increased hardening properties tend to form brittle microstructures in the heat-affected zone, which may result in cracking.
Steels featuring reduced welding ability are commonly referred to as ‘problem steels’ as a result of the problem areas that are directly caused by shrinkage stresses, rapid cooling rates, and the presence of hydrogen.
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.